Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mary Quilt

I've had quite the collection of Mary Engelbreit fabric for a couple years now and after covering every surface in my craftroom/office/spare bedroom/woman cave that  I could find with some of it I finally decided to try to make the rest into a quilt for the spare bed.  I just got a new memory foam mattress for it so figured some new sheets and a new cover were only appropriate :)


This was made in the rag quilt style except instead of using a middle layer of flannel and then a 2nd layer of the cotton for the back I just used the top layer of ME cotton and a layer of fleece.  It is warm and the back is so soft when I'm taking an afternoon nap taking a momentary break from important must-not-be-disturbed work.  It took a few hours (I think 3 movies and a couple episodes of Jeopardy) during Thanksgiving weekend to do all the little fringy cuts, but cutting the squares and sewing them together didn't take very long at all.  I think the fringing really was the longest part of it.

No comments: