Saturday, October 27, 2007

7Year Quilt


I started this quilt when I was a senior in HS, and seven years later it is finally finished! I had it all pieced and was about half through quilting it when I decided to quit and throw it away. Luckily, my mom wasn't having any of that so she stored it away in case I wanted to finish it one day. Then a couple months ago we were working on another project and she pulled out the quilt top to this quilt! She had taken out all of my awful quilting from before and took off the backing and batting (I had sewn the back to the front and stuck the batting in like a pillow case before I started quilting - bad idea!) so we could start fresh on finishing it. It is hanging above a king size bed and is about twin size. Colors are navy, cranberry, and sunny yellow.

3 comments:

kerianne said...

Beautiful quilt, you are so talented!! Good for your mom for keeping this so you could finish it!

UrgentCookie said...

You did a wonderful job! Good for you for finishing your UFO!

http://urgentcookie.blogspot.com/

Lee said...

Wow!!! Quilting is on my list of things to learn.....your quilt is just beautiful!!