Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Seaside Portrait

This card is for MFT sketch challenge #27. I know it isn't all that good, but I had fun playing with some different techniques. The cardstock colors are sahara sand, river rock, bordering blue and soft sky. The lady and dog are colored with prismas and oms, then I scribbled in the background with my prismacolor markers, trying to go for a soft almost washed look. All stamps are By The Seashore by MFT Stamps, the different layers are torn to look like waves or the tide line where sand goes from wet (river rock) to dry (sahara sand).If you are comparing this to the sketch, the flock of birds is the star, the water layers are the strip down the middle.Thanks for looking!


9 comments:

Lee said...

Cory.....I think it's wonderful!! The colors are so summery and beach-y!! LOL I love the tearing....fantastic card!!

Lee said...

Cory!! This is just wonderful!! I love the beach-y colors and the torn edging!!!

Suzanne said...

t a neat idea to tear the paper so it looks like water and beach line. You also did a wonderful job on coloring.

Beth said...

This is so beautiful! You did a great job coloring and I love the layered waves!!

Christi Flores said...

I think this is adorable!! :)

Teresa said...

Cory- your card is TERRIFIC!!! I Love it!!

Christi said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!!! I love the torn layers! The coloring is wonderful! What a beautiful beach scene!

Christi D.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful.. i love the soft colors!

Sarah said...

Cory - this is such a tranquil scene you created!! The torn edges are wonderful!