Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chocolate Covered Rose Sketches


I decided to try Julie Buhler's Color Concoction #2 (rose red, pretty in pink, chocolate chip) and Beate's Weekend sketch challenge #35. It isn't my favorite card, but I think it turned out ok...makes me think of Cherry Cordial candies at Christmas...
All materials were Stampin Up, but I believe the ribbon is retired, colors listed above, stamps are Heartfelt Thanks and linen background (also retired I think), and the patterned paper is rose red DSP.
ETA: I just realized my edges look a bit crooked, but I promise they are straight. I distressed the edges of the dsp and the pretty in pink piece and inked the distressed edges with choc. chip ink...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card for both challenges!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

So pretty - I really like the way you added the ribbons, and that the DP really adds a bit of flare!!

Lee said...

I love it, I love it!!! Looks wonderfully chocolatey!!! I need to get to some challenges tonite!!